Pages

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

The Wilderness, The Valley And The Door

...Therefore I will bring her into the wilderness...There I will...make the Valley of Achor [troubling] to be for her a door of hope and expectation...

These words, spoken by God, was about His restoration of Israel. It depicts God's love to Israel (and now to His people) even though they were unfaithful. The interesting thing was preceding the restoration of Israel, He had to bring her to the wilderness where she will not be distracted but be able to listen to Him, and there in that wilderness, He will make the valley of troubling to be for her a door of hope and expectation.

The wilderness depicts a place of desolation, loneliness, barrenness, or an uncultivated place. To bring this closer home, it could be a period in your life when you feel alone, you feel spiritually barren, or you need more grooming. Yes you might be in the midst of people, yet you feel that emptiness and lack of completeness or fulfillness in you. If you listen closely, you will hear your Loving Father speaking tenderly to your heart. In the wilderness, the best choice to make is to totally depend on Him and listen to Him. Accept the discipline He wants to instill in you. His plans for you are good, not evil. His plans are to give you the future you hope for.

It is bad enough when you find yourself in a lonely place. You may feel that is the worst that could have happened until you find yourself in the valley. The valley depicts a low point in your life where you feel what you are going through is unbearable. Fear not if you find yourself in the valley. Your loving Father promises that in your wilderness, your valley of troubling will become to you a door of hope and expectation. It is from the valley that you will see the door that leads to restoration. It is in the valley where you will see the Hand and Might of God, and experience Him in such a way that you will be filled with hope and expectations. With your renewed hope, your faith is ignited to receive your miracle.

Prayer: My Loving Father, thank You for Your unfailing love towards me. I thank You because no matter where I find myself, You are there and because of You, I can always be expectant. Should I find myself in the wilderness, I pray for the ability to listen to You and trust You. I pray for Your grace and strengthening that I may be patient to see the door of hope and expectation. May I experience the sweetest discoveries of You in such a period. In Jesus Name, Amen.

One-Year Daily Bible Reading Plan - Sep. 28 2010 - Obadiah 1, Jonah 1 (OT), James 1-2 (NT).

Joyful 'Toon For Today

God’s Love and Mine…