Pages

Friday, October 1, 2010

In God’s House

My soul yearns, even faints, for the courts of the LORD; my heart and my flesh cry out for the living God.

Psalm 84:2

A good indicator of our spiritual temperature is our eagerness to worship God. This eagerness is often expressed in our desire to gather with other Christians in worship. When a person is burning with zeal to worship God, every opportunity to go to the house of God is golden. If for any reason the person doesn’t make the appointment, it leaves a sad feeling, an expression of missing a great event. There is also a strong resolve not to miss the next opportunity whatever other appointments arise.

On the other hand, a person who has become cold and nonchalant will permit even the slightest excuse for not gathering with others in worship, considering these excuses as legitimate. Excuses when tolerated to an extent, dampens the spiritual temperature of the child of God, depriving one of the benefits of God’s presence -peace, righteousness, joy, breakthrough, etc.

There’s something special about praising God together with His people and we should take advantage of every opportunity we get. Even when we can’t make it, we are still able to express our love for our loving Father and show our longing to know him, until we are able to gather again in corporate worship that brings strength. The Lord is pleased and we’ll be blessed when our heart’s desire is to be with Him and His people.

Prayer: Help me dear Lord to prioritize fellowship with brethren, to enjoy your presence which you graciously fill us with. Please quicken my spirit to be zealous for you and your good works. I reject luke warmness and nonchalance in my spirit and give myself over to your worship. Dear Lord I ask for wisdom to manage my activities not to miss fellowship. Let me enjoy the life, expressions of your love and revelations of your power and might that abound in your presence in Jesus name.

One-Year Daily Bible Reading Plan - Oct. 1 2010 - Micah 1-3 (OT), 1 Peter 1 (NT).