Pages

Sunday, October 31, 2010

Ultimate Salvation

Therefore, my dear friends, as you have always obeyed—not only in my presence, but now much more in my absence—continue to work out your salvation with fear and trembling
[Philippians 2:12, NIV]

In Revelation 3:1, God says 'I know thy works'. He knows everything we have done in the past, and He is aware of every detail of what we are presently doing. He also knows what we are planning to do, our dreams, ambitions and thoughts. He is one who can't be deceived.

There are three types of salvation. The first being Instant Salvation, the second, Progressive Salvation and the third, Ultimate Salvation. The first kind of salvation takes place the day we give our lives to Christ and this gives us the ticket to get to the stage of final salvation, In Philippians 2:12 we are told to work out our salvation with fear and trembling, this is the Progressive Salvation. It is the second step and the longest. It entails doing everything we can to retain our first salvation, and most of Satan's attempts are targeted at making us lose our salvation at this point. Be encouraged to resist, fight, avoid, run sometimes and hold tight to your Progressive Salvation, in order to reach the finishing line.

Matthew 24:13 says of all who have received salvation, only those who endure to the end shall be saved. This is the Ultimate Salvation. It is the third and final step in the salvation process. It is this salvation that receives the gift of eternal life with Christ Jesus our Lord. Hold onto your salvation, not allowing anything or anyone rob you of this priceless treasure, your eternity depends on it.

Prayer: Dear Lord, please give me the grace to continue in your salvation to the end. Uphold me with your victorious right hand of righteousness, help me to hold fast to your salvation in my life. Thank you Lord Jesus for giving me this privilege of Salvation and counting me amongst those who are yours. Let my life glorify you Lord I pray in Jesus name.

One-Year Daily Bible Reading Plan - Oct. 31 2010 - Psalms 11-12 (OT), Revelations 12 (NT).