Pages

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Acknowledging Your Provider

She doesn’t realize it was I who gave her everything she has -
the grain, the new wine, the olive oil;
I even gave her silver and gold...

Today's verse of scripture speaks about the Israelites whom God gave not only corn for necessity, wine for delight, and oil for ornament, but He multiplied their silver and gold. However, Israel robbed God of the honour of His gifts. They forgot their relation to their great benefactor and their obligations to Him. They did not consider what they had as blessing from God, and they did not return thanks to Him for His gifts. Instead they dishonoured God with those gifts - they adorned their images with gold and silver, and adorned themselves for the worship of their images.

It is quite easy for us to act like the Israelites as described above. This we may do knowingly or ignorantly. You may encounter people who say, "I got the one of my dreams because I fasted and prayed very well", "I got that promotion because I worked so hard", "I got into the best school because I studied tirelessly", or "I am where I am today because my parents made the right decisions". 

While we should acknowledge that there is a role we have to play in receiving what we have from God, we should not forget that it is God who has given us all that we have. It is God, our loving Father who gives us the ability to get wealth. He is the one who gives us strength to do what we do. He is the one surrounds us with favour as a shield. He is the one who equips us, and provides us with open doors of opportunities.

You may not have all you want, but your loving Father has provided for you all you need. If you reflect on this year, you will realize that He has done many great things for you. Spend time today thanking God for His provision, for thanksgiving opens doors to receiving more from Him.

Prayer: My Loving Father, I thank You for being my provider. You have provided me with all I need, even those things I do not know are important for me. I am sorry for times when I have assumed that what I have is of my own abilities and effort. Please show me if there is any way I dishonour You with the blessings You have bestowed on me. I pray, Father for Your help, that I may be a good steward of all You have blessed me with. May I always remember that what I have is from You, and acknowledge You with a heart of gratitude. In Jesus Name, Amen.


One-Year Daily Bible Reading Plan - Dec. 14 2010 - Psalms 85-86 (OT), Matthew 28 (NT).

Joyful 'Toon For Today

God’s Love and Mine…