Pages

Sunday, January 31, 2010

Shaping You As Seems Best To Me

Like clay in the hand of the potter, so are you in My hand...

God spoke these words after He had directed Jeremiah to go to a potter's house and observe him  moulding clay into pots on his wheel. As Jeremiah watched, he saw that the potter had discovered a flaw in the pot he was shaping in his hands. The potter pressed the clay into a lump and formed it into another pot.

God uses this analogy, this simile, to tell you of His sovereign dealing with you. He says to you today,"Like clay in the hand of the potter, so are you in My hand,". He might see some flaws in you which could cause Him to mould you into a better person, fit for His purpose. His moulding you might be in simple things like making you have a friend who is your opposite in personality, so you have a different outlook to life. It could be like giving you an assignment, which you think you are not capable of, just to bring out some of your latent talents. Or it could be that He allows you to pass through a situation to bring out the best in you spiritually. Allow God shape you into the person He wants you to be.

Prayer: Heavenly Father, thank You for loving me and desiring the best for me. Thank You that in Your sovereignty, You shape me to bring out the best in me. Deep in my heart I know that I can trust You as my Potter when You break me to remove my imperfections. Though it is a painful and deliberate process, I invite You to take charge as You breathe new life into my soul. Show me the better way and faithfully guide me as You mould me into Your Image. As I go through any purifying process, give me the grace to stand firmly during the testing periods of my life. I want to be a vessel of honor that will bring glory to You. In Jesus’ Name I pray. Amen..


One-Year Daily Bible Reading Plan - Jan. 31 2010 - Exodus 32-34 (OT), Matthew 28 (NT).

Suggested General Prayer Point - Pray concerning discrimination of Christians. Pray that for those who have been insulted or persecuted for the sake of Christ. Thank God for His promise towards them, that great is their reward in heaven. Pray that Christians will not suffer discrimination due to their religion.

Joyful 'Toon For Today


God's Love and Mine...