Pages

Sunday, March 21, 2010

I Will Give You The Treasures Of Darkness

And I will give you treasures hidden in the darkness—
secret riches.
I will do this so you may know that I am the Lord,
the God of Israel, the one who calls you by name.

God promised Cyrus "Treasures of darkness!" The expression does not mean that the treasures themselves are darkness, but that they were hidden in darkness until they were brought to light. The treasures promised to Cyrus were buried in darkness until they were broken up and given to him.

Are you going through a period of darkness in your life? Are you trying to look far ahead into your future yet you cannot even see light at the moment? Today your Loving Father says to you, "I will give you the treasures of darkness". The word "treasures" signifies not only something laid up and hidden from general view, but expresses an infinite, incalculable amount - an amount which can never be expended, but suffices for all your needs.

Sometimes the darkness in your life may be so overwhelming because you do not understand what is going on in your life. As a result, you wil not be able to see any beauty or any possible good that could arise from your experience. Your Loving Father is taking you to that point where when you look back at this period of your life, you will agree that the best work on your life was done during this period.

If you seem to be living in darkness and you doubt if God is still with you, do not be afraid. God will never leave you nor forsake you. Move on in faith and love. There is light and treasures at the end of the dark tunnel.


Prayer: Heavenly Father, I thank You for giving me great and precious promises each day. I thank You for your love that is new every morning. Thank You my Loving Father, for the treasures of darkness. I know that You are making a way for me and You will reveal to me the treasures in any situation I may go through. I pray that You will strengthen me as I wait on You. I pray that the eyes of my heart will be enlightened to know Jesus deeply and intimately, and know the power of His resurrection. I pray that I will experience the sweet manifestations of His presence and love. In Jesus Name I pray, Amen. 


One-Year Daily Bible Reading Plan - Mar. 21 2010 - Judges 6-8 (OT), John 1 (NT).

Suggested Prayer Point for yourself - Pray for this new week you are beginning. Ask for God's guidance, protection, peace and favour all through. Declare that you will fulfill your purpose for each day of the week. Declare that no plans of the enemy shall manifest or prosper in your life. Supporting Scriptures - Psalm 91.

Suggested General Prayer Point - Pray for the homeless. Pray for their protection. Pray that God will still find a home for them. Pray that they may have the Spirit of God to lead them in the right path.
God's Love and Mine...