Pages

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

A Heart If Tested...

Some fell on rocky places, where it did not have much soil. It sprang up quickly, because the soil was shallow. But when the sun came up, the plants were scorched, and they withered because they had no root.

After Jesus Christ told the parable of the sower [Matthew 5: 1-8], He took out time to explain the meaning to His disciples. We still find this parable applicable in our lives today. Jesus explains that the one who received the seed that fell on rocky places is the man who hears the word and at once receives it with joy. But since he has no root, he lasts only a short time. When trouble or persecution comes because of the word, he quickly falls away.

Those on the rock accept the word, but with a shallow faith. These are those who hear a word that seem specific to their situation, they receive it with joy but in their privacy, they wonder if the word is true, if it is effective, or they do not know the implications of the word. It is not until they face trials that their faith is revealed. Many Christians buckle when their faith is tested.

You may have decided to stand on a word of God and it appears that word of God is being tested. In your walk with God, your faith will be tested. If your heart is not rooted deeply in the word of God, you could almost give up your walk with God.

Are you in a situation where the Word of God you received is being tested? Is your walk with God feeling like mere religion without roots? Do you have convictions that hinder you from letting the Word of God dwell richly in you? It is time, in humility, to break up your soil and remove the rocks. It is time to let go of anything that will hinder you from experiencing the power in the Word of God. Walking away from your Loving Father is not the solution. Let us pray. 

Prayer: My Loving Father, search my heart and reveal to me if there is any area I have hardened to believing Your Word because of disappointments, personal convictions or trials. Help me to work on the soil of my heart to remove those rocks that are hindering me from truly believing and receiving Your word. Lead me to those who will encourage me and pray with me should I find myself in trying situations. May I not buckle under trial but let the testing of my faith develop perseverance. May this perseverance finish its work so that I may be mature and complete, as You desire, not lacking anything. Thank You, My Loving Father, for Your grace is sufficient for me. In Jesus Name, Amen.




One-Year Daily Bible Reading Plan - June 22 2010 - Job 35-36 (OT), 2 Corinthians 11(NT).

Pray for someone today - Pray for those whose faith in God is being tested. Pray that they will have opportunities to fill their hearts with the Word of God. Pray that any rock which might prevent them from receiving the word will be revealed and removed. Pray that they will look to God for strength as they pass through this period. 

Joyful 'Toon For Today

God’s Love and Mine…