Pages

Thursday, June 24, 2010

A Heart That Bears Fruit

Still other seed fell on good soil, where it produced a crop—a hundred, sixty or thirty times what was sown.

When Jesus Christ was explaining the parable of the sower and the seed, He explained that the one who received the seed that fell on good soil is the man who hears the word and understands it. He produces fruit, yielding a hundred, sixty or thirty times what was sown.
We often times desire to see every area of our lives yielding fruit. We would expect that when we study, we will pass with good grades. We will expect that when we work, we should get recognition, even promotions. We expect that when we minister, we bring in a harvest of people. We also expect that when we sow, we reap.

But Jesus Christ explains that the man that produces fruit, who yields many more times that he sowed, is the man who hears the word and understands it. To truly understand the word, some things must be in place:-
1. You must be born again, for the person who is not born again cannot understand God's Word: The natural man does not receive the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness to him, neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.
2. You need to hear the word: You hear the word through avenues like listening to scriptures and messages, attending services and fellowships, etc.
3. You need to know the truth as found in God's word: To do this, you need to read the word, memorize it, make out time to study the word and meditate on it to enable you get insight into the word. 
4. You need to take advantage of the Holy Spirit: The Holy Spirit has been sent freely to you to teach you things and bring things to your rememberance. When you want to read or as you are about to hear the word of God, you can ask the Holy Spirit to help you understand it.
5. You must realize that understanding is a gift from the Lord and hence you need to be right with the Lord, be spiritually prepared and ready to receive understanding from Him.

Like Jesus Christ has taught us, to bear much fruit, you need to understand the word of God that it will have application in your life. Understanding the word of God, in such a way that it dwells richly in you, does not happen overnight. It builds up. It involves effort. Do not feel discouraged if you are not there yet. Your Loving Father is ready to help you once you call on Him. As the word of God continues to dwell in you and transform you, and as you apply the word, may your life bear much fruit. In Jesus Name, Amen.

Prayer: My Loving Father, when You created me, You commanded me to be fruitful. I desire to see every area of my life bear fruit. But on my own, I cannot do it. Thank You for Your Word, which is seed to be sown in my heart. I pray, Father, that I come to that point where I understand Your word, that I will begin to apply it in every area of my life. Prepare my heart to be good soil to receive Your word. As I continue to spend more time in Your Word, may my life continue to bear fruit, more than I have sown. In Jesus Name I pray, Amen.

One-Year Daily Bible Reading Plan - June 24 2010 - Job 40-42 (OT), 2 Corinthians 13 (NT).

Pray for someone today - Pray for new converts into Christianity. Pray that they will find members of the body of Christ, including Churches, that will help to build up their Christian faith. If you know any new convert, make out time to pray for the person.

Joyful 'Toon For Today


God’s Love and Mine…