Pages

Saturday, June 26, 2010

Keeping The Will Of God In Mind

Jesus turned and said to Peter, "Get behind me, Satan! You are a stumbling block to me; you do not have in mind the things of God, but the things of men."

Friends, family, elders and even people in ministry are blessings to have around you. There are times when you may need to talk to someone or make decisions, and you go to them. In doing so, always keep in mind the will of God.

In the scripture for today, Jesus Christ was telling His disciples about His death and the things that will lead to it [Matthew 16:21]. Peter, a very close disciple to Jesus, took him aside and began to rebuke him. He probably did not want to lose his friend and Master, no not in such a manner as Jesus described. He said, "Never, Lord! This shall never happen to you!" Jesus knew His death was for a purpose. If He accepted and dwelt on what Peter was saying, maybe He may have changed His mind. But He had the will of God in His mind, and His meat, His desire, was to do the will of His Father. Jesus turned and said to Peter, "Get behind me, Satan! You are a stumbling block to me; you do not have in mind the things of God, but the things of men."

You may be a lady waiting on God for a husband. A close friend advises you that to get a man committed, you need to sleep with him. She even gives you instances of where it has worked. But you know Your Loving Father does not want you to have premarital sex. She is a very dear friend, no doubt, but if you consider her advice, you will be making a decision which is against the will of God.
Or you may be a man, waiting on God for the job He has promised, and your wife tells you to change your age on your CV to enable you be more appealing to the human resources team. Your wife may have given you valuable advice in the past, you need to ask yourself if this one is consistent with the will of God. Do you think God would want you to lie? 

Beloved Child of God, no matter the advice, suggestions or "words of wisdom" you receive, remember to check it against the will and word of God. Even if it comes in the form of a scripture from the bible, check it side-by-side the will of God for you, because even the devil knows scripture and can use it to deceive you [Matthew 4:5-7]. Do not lose sight of the fact that God does not need manipulation to bring to pass what He has promised you. He is God all by Himself, Almighty and Self-sufficient, and knows the best way and time to bring to pass what He has promised. He knows what to say to you or whom to use to bring to pass what He has promised you, and these will be consistent with His will and His word.


Prayer: My Loving Father, I am sorry for times when I have failed to consider Your Will and Your Word in taking advices and making decisions. Thank You, Father, that Your plans for me are for good only, to bring me to an expected end. As long as I keep Your Will in my mind and Your Word in my heart, I would not derail from Your plans for me. Help me to identify anyone who will be a stumbling block to me as I choose to do Your will. Give me the courage to lovingly say no to such a person. Strengthen me and envelop me with Your grace, as I wait on You for the fulfilment of Your promise. In Jesus Name I pray, Amen.


One-Year Daily Bible Reading Plan - June 26 2010 - Psalm 6-8 (OT), Galatians 2 (NT).
Pray for someone today - Pray for people who have been called to offer counselling services in the body of Christ. Pray that the Word of God will continue to dwell richly in them. Pray that they will seek the cousnel of the Lord, His will and His word before they advise people. Pray that God will fill their mouths with words of healing and encouragement.

Joyful 'Toon For Today

God’s Love and Mine…