Pages

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Being God's Masterpiece

For we are God’s masterpiece. He has created us anew in Christ Jesus, so we can do the good things He planned for us long ago.

You are God's masterpiece. Your loving Father worked in His love, mercy and grace to make you alive with Christ. Every time He looks at any of His children who has received His gift of salvation, He sees a masterpiece. Because of God's workmanship you are now alive: alive to God and to fellowship with Him. You are alive to living as one of God's children. You are alive to the spiritual virtues of righteousness and holiness. You are alive to the spiritual fruit of love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control. All these are part of you. What a blessing!

Why did God give us His love, mercy, and grace? What is His goal and His purpose? God had a very positive goal in mind when He, by grace through faith, made us His masterpiece. The purpose of God's workmanship is good works. God's workmanship saves and transforms the sinful human being into a new creature created in Christ to produce good works. This happened at the cross and the grave of Christ. This was done because God loves good works so much – for such honor and glorify His Name. He has created us anew in Christ Jesus, so we can do the good works He planned for us long ago.

Your Loving Father has a purpose and a plan for you, and in Christ, He has already given you all that you need to fulfill that plan. He made you a masterpiece and yet is at work in you, helping you do the good works He planned for you long ago.

Prayer: My Loving Father, I thank You for in Your love, mercy and grace, You have made me a masterpiece. I thank You that long ago, You prepared a purpose for me that I may do good works and bring glory and honor to You. Thank You, my Father, that I am not a mistake neither am I on earth by chance. I pray Father, as I daily walk with you, that You will reveal the specifics of Your purpose for me, which You planned long ago. In Jesus Name, Amen.


One-Year Daily Bible Reading Plan - Sep. 21 2010 - Hosea 9-12 (OT), Hebrews 3 (NT).

Joyful 'Toon For Today


God’s Love and Mine…