Pages

Friday, September 24, 2010

Praise Before The Miracle

Then Jesus looked up and said, "Father, I thank You that You have heard me..."

The sequence of events in this scripture for today may appear strange and unusual. Lazarus was still in his tomb, yet Jesus  gave thanks preceding the miracle of raising him from the dead. One would expect that thanks would only be given to God once the great miracle had been accomplished and Lazarus was seen restored to life. But Jesus gave thanks for what He was about to receive. His gratitude came forth before the blessing had arrived, in an expression of assurance that it was certainly on its way. It was thanksgiving and praise before the miracle.

There is nothing unreasonable about Jesus Christ's sequence of praise before the miracle. Praise is actually the most vital preparation to the working of miracles. Where there is praise, Almighty God is there, for He inhabits your praise [Psalm 22:3].

Consider how you feel and how you are motivated to act if someone praises you. Nothing pleases your Loving Father more than praise as part of your prayer life. It is good to praise the LORD [Psalm 92:1]. Put on your garment of praise today.

Prayer: My Loving Father, I thank You for the lessons I learn from Jesus Christ, for He did Your will on earth. I give You praise today and always, knowing that my miracle, my breakthrough and my answered prayers will surely come. May Your Holy Spirit bring to my remembrance the need to give You praise and thanksgiving, and remind me that You inhabit my praise. In Jesus Name, Amen.

One-Year Daily Bible Reading Plan - Sep. 24 2010 - Joel 1-3 (OT), Hebrews 5-7 (NT).

Joyful 'Toon For Today

God’s Love and Mine…