Pages

Monday, September 20, 2010

Enjoying Your Sleep

It is God who avenges me, and subdues the peoples under me

[Psalm 18:47, NKJV]

The king's command was so urgent and the furnace so hot that the flames of the fire killed the soldiers who took up Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego, Daniel 3:22. It is possible to hold your peace while God fights on your behalf. Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego were supposed to be victims of the kings destructive device. They held their peace while God used their captors to test the efficiency of the device, as He said He would in Exodus 14:14, The LORD will fight for you, and you shall hold your peace. While God fought for the three Hebrew children, they suffered no loss, all their property was intact, because they submitted themselves to God and tried not to fight with their strength or intellectual wit.

In the face of trouble with the evil devices of the enemy against you, focus on God and not the enemy. If you focus on the enemy, the problem will be compounded, you will lose sleep, and everyone around you will become a suspect. When Peter shifted his gaze from Jesus to the raging storm (the problem), he began to sink. The fastest way to sink is to focus on the problem. Look to Jesus and be confident, enjoy your sleep because the battle is no longer yours. Praise God intentionally for your victory. Praise Him before the battle and during the battle increase the tempo of your spirited praise, after the battle continue to praise Him. The Lord will turn your enemies to victims of their crafty devices in Jesus name.

Prayer: Dear loving Father, I give you continual praise for the battles you’ve fought for me so far, seen and unseen. Father I bless your name on high for the battles you will fight for me. I give you my highest praise for the victories you’ve won on my behalf. Let every trouble and enemy in my way be put to utter shame I pray in Jesus name.

One-Year Daily Bible Reading Plan - Sept. 20 2010 - Hosea 5-8 (OT), Hebrews 2 (NT)