Pages

Thursday, February 18, 2010

Be Strong And Finish The Task

This is what the Lord of Heaven’s Armies says: Be strong and finish the task! Ever since the laying of the foundation of the Temple of the Lord of Heaven’s Armies, you have heard what the prophets have been saying about completing the building.

God had promised that Jerusalem shall be restored, reformed and replenished [Zech. 2: 2-8]. Yet they laboured (built the temple) under difficult conditions. This word of encouragement was God's assurance of the mercy and fulfilment of the promise He had in store for them.   

You may have started a journey with God, you may be busy at work for God or you may have started out in accomplishing a vision but met discouragement along the way. Today Your Loving Father says to you, "Be strong and finish the task". Have you forgotten the words He had spoken to you through His word and through His prophets? If you look back, you will see that you have come a long way with Him. Take comfort in the promises of God, and you shall have the benefits of them.

You are among those whose hands must be strengthened and whose hearts must be comforted, with these precious promises of God. This word of encouragement is for you today.

Prayer: Loving Father, You began a good work in me the moment of my conception when You created me in Your own image. Incredibly, You choose to reflect Your divine Being through my thoughts, attitudes, and actions though I am numbered among the “frail children of dust.” I place my trust in You and have found that You never fail. You never give up or abandon the work You started in my life but Your tender mercies and divine plan continue to break me, mould me, and shape me into Your image. Thank You, Father, for being my “Maker, Defender, Redeemer and my Friend”. I pray that by Your grace, I will be able to complete the work which You have called me to do. In Jesus Name, Amen.


One-Year Daily Bible Reading Plan - Feb. 18 2010 - Numbers 14-15 (OT), Mark 16 (NT).

Suggested General Prayer Point - Pray for ministers in the body of Christ. Pray that they will work rightly to divide the word of truth and to give every one his portion. Pray that they will work worthy of their calling and put the will of God before theirs.

Joyful 'Toon For Today


May your strength be renewed today and always...