Pages

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Not By Might, Nor By Power, But By My Spirit

"You can't force these things. They only come about through my Spirit," says God-of-the-Angel-Armies. "So, big mountain, who do you think you are? Next to Zerubbabel you're nothing but a molehill..."

These words of encouragement were spoken by God through the prophet Zechariah to the people of Jerusalem. They thought their situation was helpless and their temple could never be rebuilt nor their city replenished. The assistance they received from friends was not sufficient, and the opposition they faced from enemies seemed to overwhelm them. But God assured them that He would, by His own power, perfect the work which He had started with them.

You may be facing mountains that hinder your relationship with your loving Father. You might be facing obstacles that test your faith and walk with God. You might be facing a situation that has lingered for quite some time and seems immovable. You might have done everything within your power to overcome. Today your loving Father says to you, "Not by might, nor by power, but by My Spirit".  Your Loving Father declares that He will complete what He has promised, not by your might or power, but by His own Spirit. He knows how best to accomplish what He has promised.

Nothing can stand in the way of God when He is at work. Every mountain and hill shall be brought low in the name and presence of Jesus Christ, your Zerubbabel. Your faith will remove mountains and make them plains. Nothing is too difficult for your Loving Father.

Prayer: Thank You, Loving Father for Your Spirit who is at work in me and for me. Father, I have done all I can in this area (mention any area that is a burden to you). But Father, I know You alone know how best to make it work for me. Today I begin to build faith that moves mountains in any area I have struggles. I pray that by Your Spirit, I will remain committed to this. I pray, Heavenly Father, that even as I wait, that You will fill my heart with anticipation and expectancy. May Your grace help me to rise above the struggles of this world that I may see Your blessings each day. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen.


One-Year Daily Bible Reading Plan - Feb 17 2010 - Numbers 11-13 (OT), Mark 15 (NT).

Suggested Prayer Point for yourself - Pray that you will be a positive reference point and an intercessor standing in the gap for your family, neighbours, colleagues or community. Pray that God will help you develop the commitment,  knowledge and gift you will need for this purpose. Supporting Scriptures - Genesis 18: 26-28, 2 Cor 6:17, 1 Timothy 2:1-6.

Suggested General Prayer Point - Pray for intercessors in the body of Christ. Thank God for their gifts and the impact it has in their lives and those they pray for. Pray that those they pray for will communicate the results of their prayer. Pray for their encouragement and dedication to this ministry.

God's Love and Mine...