Pages

Friday, April 23, 2010

Delight For Your Soul

In the multitude of my anxious thoughts within me, Your comforts cheer and delight my soul

There are several situations that could bring anxiety and doubt into your heart. For instance, 30 minutes listening to the news could fill you with information about people losing homes, losing jobs, losing marriages, losing children, which leads to fear and anxiety. Sometimes, spending time to think about a situation you may be going through could fill you with doubt and fear. The world's comfort can only give you short-lived delights. In the scripture for today, the Psalmist speaks about his experience. When he had those unruly, many, perplexing thoughts, his soul was delighted by God's comfort.

Your Loving Father is so tender and compassionate and longs to provide you comfort and encouragement especially in the midst of difficult times. You can find comfort in His promises, His words and the remembrance of your former experiences with Him. His comfort will reach your soul, and will give you peace and pleasure which the world cannot give.

"The multitude of my anxious thoughts" - does that describe you? Your Loving Father does not condemn you for the anxieties and doubts you may have, but rather He sends you comforts to delight your soul. Today you can find comforts in the form of His Word, His Holy Spirit, a praying friend, family, a word or song to bring hope, an encouraging mail, or even an area where you can be of use in His kingdom. Open your heart to receive His comfort today.
 
Prayer: My Loving Father, awesome is Your loving-kindness towards me. You are always here with me and right on time, Father. You know my unruly, anxious thoughts and You provide me with comfort to sooth my soul. Today I have realized that the world cannot give me the kind of assurance I need. I look to You, my Father. I pray that my eyes and my heart will be open to receive Your comfort, which bring lasting peace and pleasure. In Jesus Name, Amen.


One-Year Daily Bible Reading Plan - Apr. 23 2010 - 1 Kings 14-15 (OT), Acts 11 (NT).

Suggested Prayer Point for yourself – Give a prayer of thanks to God for your intelligence. Thank God for giving you the gifts of thought and reason; for it is through these gifts that you have come to know and understand God better. Ask God to show you how to use these gifts wisely to His glory. Thank God for the vast field of knowledge that has opened up before you as a result of His gifts of thought and reason. Pray for the ability to develop your intellectual abilities to the fullest to gain more understanding of God and the things He has called you to do.

Suggested General Prayer Point - Thank God for the Saints and Martyrs. Thank God that they have been an example of steadfastness and trust in God.

Joyful 'Toon For Today



God's Love and Mine...