Pages

Monday, April 19, 2010

The Place of God's Favour In Your Victories

They did not conquer the land with their swords;
It was not their own strong arm that gave them victory.
It was Your right hand and strong arm
And the blinding light from Your face that helped them,
For You loved them.

Israel had achieved many victories over the Canaanites, under the command of Joshua. These victories, they did not attribute to themselves or their merit, but to God's power, favour and grace.

Thank God for the many victories and achievements you have had. There may have been times when you attributed your victories and achievements to your own effort. You may say, "I worked so hard", or "I prayed so well", or "I gave my all for this feat" or "I planned things effectively hence the results". Though your Loving Father desires that you play your part in whatever you want from Him, His power, love, favour and grace makes the difference. Without Him, all your efforts and endeavours would have been fruitless.

As you start this new day, a day filled with promises, remember that your Loving Father is with you to give you new victories and achievements. His powerful right hand and strong arm, and the blinding light from Your face will help you, for He loves you.

Prayer: My Loving Father, thank You for my victories and achievements. Thank You for my testimonies. It was not my strength or merit that gave me victory. It was Your right hand and strong arm, and the blinding light from Your face that has helped me. Thank You for Your unfailing love towards me. I pray that I will continue to attribute my victories and achievements to You. I pray that my efforts will be crowned with You grace and favour, that I may bear good fruit to Your glory. In Jesus Name I pray, Amen.

 

One-Year Daily Bible Reading Plan - Apr. 19 2010 - 1 Kings 3-6 (OT), Acts 7 (NT).

Suggested Prayer Point for yourself - Pray that your Will will conform to the Will of God. Pray that your heart will be aligned with His such that whatever is His priority and desire will also be your priority and desire. Supporting Scripture - Matthew 6:10.

Suggested General Prayer Point - Pray for those who have abused children physically, emotionally or mentally. Pray that the Holy Spirit will drive these individuals to seek the help that they need to control and destroy their sinful desires. Pray that they will be driven to a state of remorse and regret for the things they have committed so that the healing of their victims and themselves may take place. Pray that they will confess when apprehended.

Joyful 'Toon For Today


God's Love and Mine...