Pages

Sunday, February 21, 2010

I Will Never Again Remember Your Sins and Lawless Deeds

I will never again remember
their sins and lawless deeds.
[Hebrews 10:17, NLT]

In the old covenant between God and Israel, there were repeated sacrifices from the Israelites to pay for their sins. These sacrifices were not sufficient to cleanse them perfectly and the act sacrifices actually reminded them of their sins year after year. With Jesus Christ being sacrificed, God fulfilled His promise of the new covenant with the Israelites (and seed of Abraham by faith). There is no more need of a sacrifice for sins, and the dispensation of the law, bound to the levitical priesthood, has become obselete. The sacrifice of Jesus Christ was a one-time sacrifice sufficient for the remission of sin, that God will never again remember their sins and lawless deeds.

Today your Loving Father says, "I will never again remember your sins and lawless deeds." This is a demonstration of His divine grace and satisfaction in the sufficiency of Christ's sacrifice on your behalf. Once you accept Christ, there is no more remembrance of sin against you, either to shame you or to condemn you. Today, God cannot condemn you when you sin because He is faithful and just to what His Son has done. He no longer remembers any sin or lawless deed associated with you.



Prayer: Heavenly Father, I thank You that because of what Jesus did for me, You will never again remember my sins and lawless deeds. Thank You that there is no condemnation for me who is in Christ Jesus. Where I have fallen, I will not wallow in self-condemnation but declare that You do not condemn me because You have already condemned Jesus at the cross 2,000 years ago. Thank You for this gift and the strength to go and sin no more. I pray that I will also not hold on to my sin, which You have forgiven me of. In Jesus Name I pray, Amen.


One-Year Daily Bible Reading Plan - Feb. 21 2010 - Numbers 21-23 (OT), Luke 3 (NT).

Suggested Prayer Point for yourself - Pray that you will live in the light. Thank God for the great deliverance and transfer that took place when you surrendered your heart to Him. Pray that you will walk in the light of Jesus and His kingdom which is righteousness, peace and joy in the Holy Spirit. Pray that by God's grace, you will never forget how far you have walked with God and the change God has brought into your life. Supporting Scriptures - Matthew 6:10, 1 John 1:7, Philippians 3:13.

Suggested General Prayer Point - Pray for those in the armed forces of your country. Pray for their protection, that they will know, receive and they would be able to spread the gospel.

God's Love and Mine...